Video Garmes

Rosie

Whatcha playing and what are your favorites?

I'm currently 100+ hours into my replay of Fallout 4, mostly just faffing about with my rusty toaster husband and my irradiated zombie husband and my dog (who is a GOOD BOY). It's good fun in the Wasteland y'all. 

As for my favorite games, my No. 1 fav game (and possibly piece of media) is Mass Effect, with ME3 being my fav of the trilogy. There's so much to love in them, but mostly the characters, especially Shepard, the character you play. Commander Shepard is humanity at our best, and is one of the best examples I know of a character who doesn't necessarily change a whole lot over the series but is still a compelling protagonist. While they might not grow a lot, they facilitate growth in everyone around them. The ragtag bunch of misfits Shepard starts with in ME1 are respected leaders of their people by ME3. People become better versions of themselves when they've spent time with Shepard, and that is enormously satisfying. Shepard's struggle is more a matter of sticking to their convictions and values in the face of increasing opposition, heartbreak, and despair. ME3 does something I haven't seen in many ~dark~ stories that deal with the potential end of days. The world is going to shit and everything is falling apart and things are bleak and hopeless and the vast majority of people are going out of their way to help others. For every opportunistic vulture there are five others who go out of their way to help for no other reason than it's the right thing to do. It's a story about how  some fates cannot be changed regardless of what you do, so the only thing that matters is why you do it. In the end you find yourself totally alone with a choice that you have no right to make. But here you are. It's a question of who you are in the dark. No one will know that there was even a choice for you to make. You know that regardless of what you decide, you won't be there to see the consequences. All you have is your beliefs and the strength of your convictions to guide you. And you make a choice. Credits roll. 

GOD I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS ABOUT MASS EFFECT. 

bit of both, it's kind of like World of Warcraft in that a lot of ppl can play, but the dynamics are different. you have a personal story that goes along with your character, based on how you create them, and when you're not working on the story stuff, you can explore the map, do localized missions, earn XP and all that stuff. there are lots of creatures you can kill for xp, npc's that you can help, and there are localized "events" that are bonus mission things that randomly occur. there's lots you can do, lots you can ignore if you want, and i find it really fun!  the graphics are beautiful!

Yeah, sounds like fun! I'm not really one for multiplayer games, with the exception of PVP pokemon, which I was really into when I was younger and am still pretty good at. But it sounds like you like GW2 for a lot of the same reasons I like Fallout. I just like booping around with my companion and dog and finding all the weird stuff that's happening in the Wasteland. Do you create a character in GW2? Like is there a roleplay aspect? There's a mod for Fallout that put a journal in the game and I love to just open it up and write my character's diary entries. Her thoughts on what's going on around her and how she interacts with her companions in their down time. 

Archived