Classes and Discount Code

Katherine

At last, here they are!

March/April 2019 Classes

Unbelievably Believable: Characters and Scenes

Tuesdays, 6:00-8:30, March 5-April 23, Northgate area, Seattle

In this class we’ll unpack tools for building authenticity in your characters and scenes: pacing, psychic distance, voice and emotional core. We’ll even indulge shockingly in a few writing “don’ts.” Be prepared to analyze at least one novel. Time will be allowed for reading and group critique.   

Deep Plotting

Wednesdays 1:30-3:30, March 6-April 24, Eastside

After the outline, then what? In this class we’ll go beyond the basics and explore symbolism, subplot and the supreme question. Come with a completed synopsis and plot outline, or with a draft you are ready to revise. Not appropriate if you are still at the ideas stage. Be prepared to analyze at least one novel. We will meet in person during odd weeks and over Zoom during even weeks.

To register go to www.epicwrite.org/register. Cost is $189 for each, but you can save $53 when you use the discount code KMEWC53. If you decide to take BOTH classes, email me at author@katherinegracebond.com and I will send you a code that will give you the second class free. 

Once we've got the community "levels" and payment system up and running, you'll get classes along with your $68/mo "wordsmith" level. Since we don't have that built in here yet, I'm doing it this way. 

Archived