It's these assholes again...6 years later

chlmera

HEY KATHERINE REMEMBER CLARA AND JUN? WELL I STILL WRITE ABOUT THEM SOMETIMES. (and by sometimes, i mean when i need to project real-life stuff onto fictional characters to vent.)

anyway, i have two ancient ancient characters that i pick up occasionally, especially when i'm moping. tonight is one of those times! this is just a drabble, but i'd love your feedback. : )

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mkA_cYp9ZXjyMJY4ATEdjH20ezuO_SJ8fWVFsV83rfE/edit?usp=sharing

imma friggin punch her mom in the teeth 😠

also jun. well not a punch, but maybe a bap on the nose. forgetting your so's bday and then getting all scold-y at your so when she's in a bad situation is not a particularly helpful thing to do. 

But thanks for sharing! it was very well done. i hesitate to say i 'enjoyed' because it was uncomfortable to be that close in to clara's head, but that's the point, to make the reader feel how shitty things are, an i'd say you accomplished it. 

isn't projecting our brain bugs onto characters fun :)))) 

just to be clear, something like this being uncomfortable is a good thing. that means you're accomplishing what you're setting out to accomplish. it's uncomfortable because it feels real and authentic. it resonates with awful brain places i've been in and evokes deep compassion for the character. you're communicating something painful and personal and while that's not always something that's easy to read, it is important. 

i'm glad it's getting you into the swing of writing things, it would be wonderful to see more 🙂 

Archived